The champagne has been bicoastally poured. The Red Sox have a ticket to October, and so do the Dodgers. The baseball gods are combining forces and pushing these two teams on an impenetrable track to what would truly be a bizarro World Series.
Top 10 reasons why the Red Sox will play the Dodgers in the World Series
10. Torre and Francona...8 World Series appearances between them
9. Best hitter in baseball right now...Manny
8. Still Mr. Clutch...Big Papi
7. Derek Lowe has heard good things about private parties at the Liberty Hotel
6. If you drive from St. Louis to Denver to Los Angeles, it will take you exactly 24 hours. 24 was Manny's # in Boston. It's undeniable scientific proof.
5. Adam Ethier's shot to broaden his food blog with Boston cuisine.
4. The 20th anniversary of Gibson's HR
3. The X factor...Julio Lugo
2. It's what Boston teams do in the 21st century
and the #1 reason why the Red Sox will play the Dodgers in the World Series...
1. The Cubs Won't Win The Pennant...That's One Down
Who do you see advancing to the World Series?