Friday, September 5, 2008

Fantasy Football-Is This Goodbye?

It's that time of year again. Reserve your Sunday afternoons (and evenings and nights and Monday nights). It's NFL season, baby! Ever since fantasy football hit the web, I have been all about it. I love it for all the same reasons you do...it makes me care about the out-of-market games, a chance to talk trash with my friends, and ultimate bragging rights (and some cash) if I can win. My 2006 League Champion bobblehead doll (compliments of Yahoo Sports) sits on my nightstand next to my mouthguard and a bottle of TUMS.

For some reason, I have not been able to motivate myself to get involved this year. The invites appear at the top of my email inbox and drop notch by notch until I can't see them anymore. I should have seen this coming. Last year, I neglected to keep my line-up fresh every week. Bye weeks and injuries ate me up. The drive within me is gone my friends. And if we know one thing you need to win a fantasy football league...it's heart.

I wish you the best of luck in your fantasy endeavors in 2008, but I will not be with you. I'm feeling great remorse. Is this how Valerie Harper felt when she didn't return to The Hogan Family? Is counseling available?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.